Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Second day of class:) week 1

So today was the second day of classes and I feel like I will have a fairly challenging quarter. I had to switch from Prof. Agozzino's Business and Professional to allow room for University Singers, of which I love being apart, but I am also on a talent scholarship and participation in the music program is a requirement. So I added and will be starting tomorrow, Interviewing, with Prof. Bill Asman, of whom I am a pretty big fan! Plus I think my interviewing skills could use some...sharpening. Also in Singers, we are doing this piece, Gustav Mahler's Symphony No.2, and the bass part is extra low...like in the basement lol. Performing it with the Toledo Symphony will be great though, I haven't done anything on that level since being in Cleveland Orchestra Youth Chorus in high school.

Tomorrow is going to be a pretty big day. Not only is it my birthday (21 OH YEAH!), but I will also be presenting my first speaker as Vice president of ONU's chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). Aaron Brown will be coming and I and a good amount of other chapter members are very excited, he kicks off the year very well for us here at Northern. Also the Office of Multicultural Development is hosting the Opening the Way Reception, for international and minority student organizations, and this is a very nice event for the beginning of the year. We have the presidents of all the multicultural student organizations doing a short speech, and also Ken Baker, the president of the University, will be saying a few words. I love seeing all of the organizations come together for evenings like this and there is sure to be good food! Who's excited?? This guy!

All in all, this is shaping up to be an amazing year, and I am really getting excited about the things to come.

No comments: