Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Representin! Week 6

Today was incredible!! Actually, today and yesterday, because today was sort of a continuation of yesterday. Yesterday was the PRSSA Liaison meeting in Columbus at Resource Interactive . Their offices are awe-inspiring and obviously productivity inspiring because they have won numerous awards including a ton of silver ADDY's ! I think we (Bryan and I) represented Northern well, and I really enjoyed meeting the other chapter's PRSSA officers and I also got reconnected with an old friend from my summers at Camp Koinonia ! Then after an stay at the wonderful Mulvany home, I went to the Central Ohio PRSA Luncheon today and really learned a ton! The discussion was on Diversity and what PR could do to enable multicultural communication. It was really great to hear about the Somali newspaper, Somali Link , and the latino radio and tv stations in Columbus. We also heard from Marty Miller, of Miller Public Relations , and she gave great insight into little things companies and PR people could do to make their brand more culturally inclusive.

Also I became an inaugurated member of Student Senate tonight, which is sweet! I am really excited and hope I am able to invoke some sort of change there. I really want to see students more connected with what's going on with Student Senate and more connected with their Senators.

No comments: