Sunday, November 2, 2008

University Singers...week 9

Today, the Ohio Northern University Singers sang at Market Street Presbyterian Church , in Lima Ohio. As this is my fourth year, I realized today that I have participated in this ritual of singing at Dennis' church every single year of my college career. WHOA! This might not be a big deal to really anyone else, but it definitely makes me feel a bit old. I remember my first year doing it, watching the guys move the piano down to the floor from two levels up, eating the delicious food made by the church ladies, and singing "The Lord Bless You and Keep You" as a small token of gratitude for our delicious (read free) meal. I remember I was very timid with the music we were learning, as we did a very difficult and diverse repertoire, and I loved every chance we got to sing that song because I knew it from high school and I could sing it with confidence. University Singers has helped me develop in so many ways, not only as a singer, but as a person. I've learned the importance of responsibility, trust, honesty and amongst other things, preparation. I can't wait for our fall concert tonight at 7 p.m. in Snyder Recital Hall (shameless plug) .


Update 8:34: The concert went GREAT!!! I really enjoy singing the songs we do, they are enormous fun and some of them are very intricate. I also have to say that even though I am not always a fan of some of the people, we get it IN and sing amazingly well!! Who's officially excited for fall tour??? THIS GUY!!!

No comments: