Saturday, January 31, 2009

Feb. 1st-Black History Month Tribute

Tomorrow marks the beginning of Black History Month. To me this is one of the most important holidays our country celebrates (or doesn't celebrate). I have always felt that instituting Black History Month was one of the most important decisions in American political history. So in honor of Black History Month, I will be posting a poem by a black poet on my blog for every day in February. I was going to try to do facts, but I think poetry can give a more in-depth look into the history of Blacks in America, and I like poetry a lot. I will try to keep the formatting as original as Blogger will let me but hopefully the words will make impact despite this medium's shortcomings.

I will continue posting about politics, college, social media, etc. through out February but as we are nearing the end of Winter quarter here at Ohio Northern, I might do only poetry towards the end of the month.

I hope you enjoy the poems and I hope you learn more about your country during Black History Month 2009!!

No comments: