Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Beginnings!!




OK so really only the first three minutes of this clip is relevant to what I'm talking about.

It is my wish for us all that President Obama turns out to be everything and more than we so blindly venerate him to be. Don't get me wrong, I am happy we have someone else in the Highest Office, if not for the simple fact that I can pretty much guarantee better State of the Union Addresses for the next four years (although Bush's last one was dope...focus). I, as a moderate, just strongly feel that we should take this Inauguration day and remember why we elected him in the first place.

Please, everyone, remember what President Obama is here to do, remember what we were promised, remember that in order for our country to march together smoothly (had to tie in the clip somehow lol), we've got to hold our leadership accountable. If he messes up, we can't be to rosey-eyed with Mr. President to make him polish some drums (score!). I see a lot of people who are just like the principal or whatever they call the principal in college (provost?? Dean?? wtv) running around shouting "NEW BEGINNINGS!!!!" or better yet "YES WE DID!!!" without knowing the behind the scenes detail about why they are excited.
But alas, I'm done being a skeptic. Happy Inauguration DAY!! New Begi...nah ;)

A quote from A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the White House

On this auspicious day the sky is blue, the birds sing, and joy is unconfined. It is the last day of the Cleveland [read Bush] Administration

No comments: