I know this is only one aspect of why branding is so important, but I feel the need to explain this particular part...
- Brands essentially need to shore up good will in case something goes wrong
- Building trust keeps you in business.
- When you have an issue, you need to be able to be trusted to fix it.
- Something will go wrong.
- Brand loyalty is because customers believe from previous experience that you have the best product or service or they like whatever else you do that solves their problem.
- That's why building a relationship is so important.
- Because when something goes wrong, you have to cash in on that good will and if you can't be trusted to fix the problem, you can't be trusted.
What am I missing here?